The G7 agreed on a code of conduct for AI developers. Leaders urged the EU to move faster on lawmaking but pointed out that overregulating may be harmful, especially looking at competition from China and the US. In the UK, political and industry leaders have come together to discuss AI at the world’s first global AI Safety Summit, committing to collaboration.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down