The EU Commission is taking Brexit disputes to court, the government crisis in Italy is worrying the EU and the US, and forest fires resulting from the heat wave have destroyed more than 500,000 hectares in the EU so far this year – more than in the whole of 2021.
- Europe in brief: European leaders set to meet in Prague, EU agrees windfall tax on energy companies, protests in Bratislava against Russia’s annexation of Ukrainian territories
- British meteorologist falsely blames climate change on sun, moon
- Bosnia and Herzegovina’s unity and sovereignty are crucial to regional stability
- Europe in brief: Nord Stream leaks, EU warns, Moscow denies suspicions
- Europe in brief: Italy’s election results, energy partnership between Germany and the United Arab Emirates and EU works on joint handling of Russian fugitives