Chatbots, facial recognition and autonomous vehicles – artificial intelligence (AI) offers countless possibilities. While supporters of this technology foresee rapid growth for innovation in Europe, critics fear unpredictable negative effects on society. EU lawmakers are trying to find a middle ground.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down