Social media posts claim Queen Elizabeth II announced before she died that she had information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton. This is false; there is no record of the queen making such a statement, and the claim matches a years-old meme that reflects a conspiracy theory that the former secretary of state and her husband kill their political opponents.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down