Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni is worried about the level of migrant landings in Italy. EU and US envoys want Kosovo and Serbia to find a political solution to their conflict. Albania, France and Germany have signed a cooperation agreement to reform the Albanian energy sector. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz is lukewarm about the idea of a European Union army.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down