A collection of images has been shared thousands of times in social media posts that claim it shows “rejected designs for the Eiffel Tower” in the French capital Paris. This is false. The images — published in a report by a UK-based arts journal — show designs for a London tower that were submitted for an architectural competition in the late 19th century. According to the journal, one design was selected but the tower was only partially built before it was demolished in the early 20th century.
- Europe in brief: EU-Ukraine summit aftermath, Franco-German Washington trip, no walls on Bosnia and Herzegovina-Croatian border
- Fake Starbucks CEO quote on ‘traditional marriage’ resurfaces online
- Kompani dhe institucione financiare ndërkombëtare të interesuara për ndërtimin e portit tregtar shqiptar të Porto Romanos
- Ahead of special EU summit: Commissioner Johansson regards building walls around the EU as “not a good solution”
- Europe in brief: Two MEPs lose their immunity, European Parliament debates border fences, Commission presents Green Deal Industrial Plan