While energy prices on the markets are falling, the EU member states and the EU Commission continue putting their heads together over the question of how to tackle the energy crisis. For months, negotiations were revolving around a gas price cap. Last week’s result of the European Council on this question is still vague.
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism
- Migration crisis at Europe’s doorstep
- Stallo sul price cap al gas, in 15 bocciano il piano dell’Ue
- German officials dismiss claim that vaccinated drivers will lose licence
- Europe in brief: EU “disappointed” by COP27, UK denies looking for closer ties with EU, EU calls for emergency meeting between Serbia and Kosovo, and Croatia is worried about Austria’s position on its Schengen access