This week in Europe: Four planes from the EU firefighting fleet have been sent to France from Greece and Sweden, following a request from the French authorities, as forest fires ravage the southwest of the country. Furthermore, Italy requests the opening of proceedings against Slovenia over balsamic vinegar rules.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down