The Fit for 55 package is seen as an important instrument to combat global warming, with proponents even calling it the “biggest climate protection law ever”. Now the European Parliament has given the green light for the central legislation of the package.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down