The European Commission, the Netherlands and Italy agree on a migration deal with Tunisia. The Commission formally requests Austria to address shortcomings in its implementation of the Habitats Directive in the Hohe Tauern National Park in the province of Salzburg. Bulgarian Prime Minister Nikolai Denkov hopes his country will join the Schengen area in October.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down