The US Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) was passed in an effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the public deficit and inflation. EU officials had initially welcomed this as a step in the right direction towards mitigating climate change. However, at the time they overlooked the protectionist aspects of the law.
- Europe in brief: EU proposes emergency plan for Lampedusa migratory flows
- Europe heat records not due to change in temperature readings
- Europe in brief: Germany suspends voluntary deal of migrant resettlement with Italy
- EU electricity market reform at a standstill over nuclear power row
- Europe in brief: Von der Leyen’s State of the Union address