The US Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) was passed in an effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the public deficit and inflation. EU officials had initially welcomed this as a step in the right direction towards mitigating climate change. However, at the time they overlooked the protectionist aspects of the law.
- Ahead of special EU summit: Commissioner Johansson regards building walls around the EU as “not a good solution”
- Europe in brief: Two MEPs lose their immunity, European Parliament debates border fences, Commission presents Green Deal Industrial Plan
- Грковска: Правосудниот систем е најслаба алка во борбата против корупцијата
- Biden gun reform speech manipulated to add derogatory heckling
- Europe in brief: Scholz does not want to discuss jets for Ukraine, Petr Pavel wins Czech elections, Baerbock’s controversial Russia statement fallout