The renewal of the Spanish General Council of the Judiciary has been blocked for four years now. As Spain will hold the EU Council presidency in the second half of 2023, Brussels is urging the country to end the deadlock in the appointment of new incumbents to important judicial positions.
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation rate eases to 10 percent, EU aims for visa-free travel for Kosovo from 2024 onwards, European Commission recommends Bosnia and Herzegovina be granted EU candidate status
- Hungary: EU Commission wants to withhold EU funding
- Europe in brief: France keeps tough stance on migration, French President Macron to ask US to exempt EU manufacturers, Spain and EU propose removal of the “fence of Gibraltar”
- South Korea held reception for Spanish PM at presidential office, not construction site
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism