Social media posts in several languages claim an image shows Volodymyr Zelensky at an LGBTQ Pride event in 1999. But the photo has been digitally manipulated; the original photo, posted to the Flickr photo-sharing service in 2006, does not show the Ukrainian president.
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation rate eases to 10 percent, EU aims for visa-free travel for Kosovo from 2024 onwards, European Commission recommends Bosnia and Herzegovina be granted EU candidate status
- Hungary: EU Commission wants to withhold EU funding
- Europe in brief: France keeps tough stance on migration, French President Macron to ask US to exempt EU manufacturers, Spain and EU propose removal of the “fence of Gibraltar”
- South Korea held reception for Spanish PM at presidential office, not construction site
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism