A collection of images has been shared thousands of times in social media posts that claim it shows “rejected designs for the Eiffel Tower” in the French capital Paris. This is false. The images — published in a report by a UK-based arts journal — show designs for a London tower that were submitted for an architectural competition in the late 19th century. According to the journal, one design was selected but the tower was only partially built before it was demolished in the early 20th century.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina’s unity and sovereignty are crucial to regional stability
- Europe in brief: Nord Stream leaks, EU warns, Moscow denies suspicions
- Europe in brief: Italy’s election results, energy partnership between Germany and the United Arab Emirates and EU works on joint handling of Russian fugitives
- Image doctored to show Volodymyr Zelensky at LGBTQ Pride event
- Rule of law: What happens after the EU Commission proposed to freeze funds intended for Hungary?