Croatia plans to request a loan from the European Commission to finance projects in energy and education, among others. Furthermore, the Commission considers Romania to be one of 11 countries to increase production capacities in defence. Austria opposes the introduction of an EU gigabit levy and the German Economic Minister calls for stricter control of sanctions against Russia.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down