The Schengen Area, the largest border control-free travel area in the world, should soon expand to include at least one new member, if not three. So far, the area consists of 22 EU member states and four non-EU countries. Now three more EU members are knocking on Schengen’s door – Croatia, Bulgaria and Romania.
- Europe in brief: European Commission proposes extension of glyphosate licence
- Grainy days for the EU single-market as cereal import ban expired?
- Europe in brief: EU proposes emergency plan for Lampedusa migratory flows
- Europe heat records not due to change in temperature readings
- Europe in brief: Germany suspends voluntary deal of migrant resettlement with Italy