As climate change heats up Europe’s south, tourism is slowly moving north. In line with the EU’s Tourism Agenda 2030, countries are striving to make their tourism sectors greener, more digital and more sustainable, with some even shifting their focus to promoting less traditional destinations. At the same time, others are finding ways to ease the burdens of overtourism in popular destinations.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down