While energy prices on the markets are falling, the EU member states and the EU Commission continue putting their heads together over the question of how to tackle the energy crisis. For months, negotiations were revolving around a gas price cap. Last week’s result of the European Council on this question is still vague.
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation rate eases to 10 percent, EU aims for visa-free travel for Kosovo from 2024 onwards, European Commission recommends Bosnia and Herzegovina be granted EU candidate status
- Hungary: EU Commission wants to withhold EU funding
- Europe in brief: France keeps tough stance on migration, French President Macron to ask US to exempt EU manufacturers, Spain and EU propose removal of the “fence of Gibraltar”
- South Korea held reception for Spanish PM at presidential office, not construction site
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism