After a Russian air strike on the Khmelnytskyi region in western Ukraine on May 13, 2023, charts showing higher levels of radiation were shared on social media in Polish and Slovak. They came with the false claim that the increase stemmed from the fact that ammunition containing “depleted uranium” had been destroyed in the attack.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down