The EU pushes for more sustainable travel solutions continent-wide. The plan is to strengthen long-distance and cross-border connections with the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) policy and funding for railway infrastructure. While the demand for rail travel is high, national operators and startups are competing with “unreasonably low prices” for flights, night trains are experiencing a renaissance and experts are calling for a Europe-wide kerosine tax.
- No, the EU has not forced Spain to remove communist tributes
- Europe in brief: European Commission proposes extension of glyphosate licence
- Grainy days for the EU single-market as cereal import ban expired?
- Europe in brief: EU proposes emergency plan for Lampedusa migratory flows
- Europe heat records not due to change in temperature readings