The renewal of Spain’s General Council of the Judiciary has been blocked for four years. As Spain will hold the EU Council presidency in the second half of 2023, Brussels is urging the country to end the deadlock. Other topics: EPP cancels Naples summit over Berlusconi’s Ukraine remarks and Austria maintains military neutrality in the Ukraine war.
- Europe in brief: European Commission proposes extension of glyphosate licence
- Grainy days for the EU single-market as cereal import ban expired?
- Europe in brief: EU proposes emergency plan for Lampedusa migratory flows
- Europe heat records not due to change in temperature readings
- Europe in brief: Germany suspends voluntary deal of migrant resettlement with Italy