Amid the French-Italian controversy over migrants, Brussels wants to combat illegal migration in the Central Mediterranean with a new action plan. However, the greater challenge is bound to be what is probably the most active migratory route in Europe – the Western Balkans.
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism
- Migration crisis at Europe’s doorstep
- Stallo sul price cap al gas, in 15 bocciano il piano dell’Ue
- German officials dismiss claim that vaccinated drivers will lose licence
- Europe in brief: EU “disappointed” by COP27, UK denies looking for closer ties with EU, EU calls for emergency meeting between Serbia and Kosovo, and Croatia is worried about Austria’s position on its Schengen access