The European Union faces the highest arrival of migrants since 2015 with record numbers of people arriving in Italy and Greece, putting reception mechanisms under severe strain. This year, member states reached a historic deal on key asylum and migration laws as deals with transit countries are struck. The EU has launched a legal procedure against Hungary.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down