The renewal of the Spanish General Council of the Judiciary has been blocked for four years now. As Spain will hold the EU Council presidency in the second half of 2023, Brussels is urging the country to end the deadlock in the appointment of new incumbents to important judicial positions.
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism
- Migration crisis at Europe’s doorstep
- Stallo sul price cap al gas, in 15 bocciano il piano dell’Ue
- German officials dismiss claim that vaccinated drivers will lose licence
- Europe in brief: EU “disappointed” by COP27, UK denies looking for closer ties with EU, EU calls for emergency meeting between Serbia and Kosovo, and Croatia is worried about Austria’s position on its Schengen access