Tirana hosts the largest European military event, led by the US European Command, with 29 countries participating in the joint exercise. A group of ten EU member states advocates qualified majority rather than unanimity in foreign policy decision-making. The European Commission and Parliament condemn the vandalism of its offices in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- Europe in brief: Belgian EU Presidency to push for agreement on platform workers directive
- Two years of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine
- A fragile EU unity amidst numerous crises?
- Doubts over US leadership prompt further calls for stronger EU defence
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation expected to slow down