With the 2015 Paris Agreement, the international community committed itself to limit global warming to less than two degrees Celsius. At the Glasgow summit in 2021, a number of states assured that they would no longer invest into coal, oil and gas. Russia’s war in Ukraine threw many things into disarray. Now, the climate targets are to be improved at the UN’s COP27.
- Europe in brief: Commission approves aid for Slovenia following August floods
- COP28: EU commits to phasing out fossil fuels and tripling renewables
- How Green is South-East Europe?
- Posts falsely claim European Parliament photo was doctored
- Europe in brief: Manfred Weber to lead German CSU party in 2024 European elections