With the 2015 Paris Agreement, the international community committed itself to limit global warming to less than two degrees Celsius. At the Glasgow summit in 2021, a number of states assured that they would no longer invest into coal, oil and gas. Russia’s war in Ukraine threw many things into disarray. Now, the climate targets are to be improved at the UN’s COP27.
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism
- Migration crisis at Europe’s doorstep
- Stallo sul price cap al gas, in 15 bocciano il piano dell’Ue
- German officials dismiss claim that vaccinated drivers will lose licence
- Europe in brief: EU “disappointed” by COP27, UK denies looking for closer ties with EU, EU calls for emergency meeting between Serbia and Kosovo, and Croatia is worried about Austria’s position on its Schengen access