The EU’s debt rules are to be reformed to give member countries more fiscal leeway to modernise their economies. While some believe this will boost investments and kickstart growth, others, with Germany at the forefront, fear that a loose fiscal policy will only increase the deficits and debts of highly indebted member states.
- UN stumbles over climate crisis and conflict resolution
- No, the EU has not forced Spain to remove communist tributes
- Europe in brief: European Commission proposes extension of glyphosate licence
- Grainy days for the EU single-market as cereal import ban expired?
- Europe in brief: EU proposes emergency plan for Lampedusa migratory flows