EU warns concerning the Nord Stream leaks, Moscow denies suspicions. – Belgium and 14 other EU countries push for a proposal for a general gas price cap. What else was important this week: More than 77 percent of Bosnia and Herzegovina’s (BiH) citizens want membership in the EU.
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation rate eases to 10 percent, EU aims for visa-free travel for Kosovo from 2024 onwards, European Commission recommends Bosnia and Herzegovina be granted EU candidate status
- Hungary: EU Commission wants to withhold EU funding
- Europe in brief: France keeps tough stance on migration, French President Macron to ask US to exempt EU manufacturers, Spain and EU propose removal of the “fence of Gibraltar”
- South Korea held reception for Spanish PM at presidential office, not construction site
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism