The European Commission presents new plans for industrial competitiveness, access to critical raw materials and the electricity market this week. The Council of Europe reports that Slovakia has failed to implement recommendations by the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI). Austria and six other Schengen countries raise the alarm about the onward movement of migrants within the EU.
- Europe in brief: European Commission proposes extension of glyphosate licence
- Grainy days for the EU single-market as cereal import ban expired?
- Europe in brief: EU proposes emergency plan for Lampedusa migratory flows
- Europe heat records not due to change in temperature readings
- Europe in brief: Germany suspends voluntary deal of migrant resettlement with Italy