This week, the EU has launched a training mission for Ukrainian soldiers. It is the largest EU military mission so far. At the defence ministers’ meeting in Brussels, its outlines became clearer. When it comes to delivering weapons to Ukraine to replenish depleted stocks, the EU warns individual member states against going it alone.
- Europe in brief: Eurozone inflation rate eases to 10 percent, EU aims for visa-free travel for Kosovo from 2024 onwards, European Commission recommends Bosnia and Herzegovina be granted EU candidate status
- Hungary: EU Commission wants to withhold EU funding
- Europe in brief: France keeps tough stance on migration, French President Macron to ask US to exempt EU manufacturers, Spain and EU propose removal of the “fence of Gibraltar”
- South Korea held reception for Spanish PM at presidential office, not construction site
- Europe in brief: Brussels has proposed a cap of 275 euros on the price of gas purchases. Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs sharply criticized the aggression against Ukraine. Albania has stepped closer to the EU with regard to the European Civil Protection Mechanism